Welcome to my Blog: Introduction Post

 Hello, my name is Haley Laing and this is my second semester studying at UAF. Before getting Eielson as my first assignment, I lived in Ohio with my family and friends. I am here with my boyfriend and our puppy, we enjoy getting out and doing as many things in Alaska as we can. I joined right out of high school, so I had only ever taken a few college classes. I am going to school to be a physician assistant, so my major is biology. I have a passion for the medical field, I love absolutely everything about it. 


36 brilliant paintings that describe everything wrong with the world today. Digital Synopsis. (2020, September 24). https://digitalsynopsis.com/inspiration/36-thought-provoking-paintings-pawel-kuczynski/. 


I find this piece of art interesting because it shows what today’s society is like, using social media for everything. I personally am not a huge fan of social media because you never know what is the truth and what is twisted into something else. have never really been huge into making art, but I do like going to art museums and looking at beautiful pieces. I have attended a few First Fridays when I was younger, but I haven’t been to one in a few years. I am excited for this class so I can learn about the different eras of art. 

Comments

  1. I started my teaching career at Eielson. Both schools I worked at were demolished and replaced with Crawford. My nephew is currently stationed there. Fairbanks has some First Friday events. The biggest one is at the Bear Gallery in Pioneer Park. It is happening this Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Haley, great to meet you. It is super cool how you are from Ohio and moved here recently. It is also awesome how you have a passion for being a PA, we definitely need more in this day and age! The painting is also very deep, I think it speaks a lot about how social media can negatively affect our perception of the world. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Haley,

    I also have an interest in the medical field. Something about medicine and how it works is interesting. But for now, my major is Elementary Education. I absolutely agree with your view on the art you chose to use for this introduction post. I see a lot of my friends sharing way too much of their business on Facebook. Enough to feel like I went through their entire day right beside them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Classical Blog Exhibit

Early Modern Blog Exhibit